Sunday, April 20, 2014

Checking in at 19 Weeks

Over the past few days, I think I've finally started feeling the baby move a little... although it could all be in my imagination, or wishful thinking.

I've read on various forums that sometimes it feels like flutters, and sometimes gas bubbles, and sometimes like someone's flicking you lightly from the inside. From my perspective, the third description seems like the most accurate. I guess I'll find out when they get stronger, and I'm able to more easily identify the feeling, but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

On Friday, we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. We've decided to keep it a secret for a few days until we can do the big reveal with our families at the house on Sunday, because we've got a busy weekend ahead (Honors Banquet on Friday night, Color Run and two weddings on Saturday). I threw together some decorations and I need to start cleaning the basement and putting them up this week. Not sure how exactly we'll do the reveal yet, whether it's cake or balloons, but we've got a few more days to think on it. 

Cuz bowties are cool.

We've got girl names and boy names picked out, but I'm not sure when we'll share them with the masses. Maybe we'll share the one we intend to use once we know the gender. We may want to keep the other one in our back pocket in case we have more kids (I'd like 2-3 total).  

In other news, baby is now the proud owner of a nice bed my mom found at a garage sale, and a few other furniture items. And this, of course, a souvenir from Wizard World Comic Con St. Louis. (We saw Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, among others, in person!)

 Baby's first TARDIS

I'll check back in next week! In the meantime, take our Survey Monkey survey and tell us what you think - boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment